Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Art mimics life

. Wednesday, July 29, 2009

1....2.....3....WTF! Otay we have officially entered the creepy zone, people are basing fictional characters off of me without my permission!

A delightfully stylish young lady swayed to a halt before us, struck an elegant and utterly bewitching pose, and bestowed her most charming smile upon us. “Greetings and salutations, darlings,” she said in a low purring voice, like a cat licking cream off a mouse. “I am Lethal Harmony(*cough* Harm *cough*), agent for hire out of Kathmandu. Please, call me Katt(*cough* Sand Cat *cough*). Everyone does"

There was something feline about her. A sense of graceful style, casual cruelty, and vicious power concealed behind a hair trigger, ready to be unleashed on absolutely anyone at a moment.
For the record, I'm not *really* a catgirl, I just play one on the internet, but I am a very cat like girl, I even look "catish"...and I do hide my causal cruelty, viciousness and really ugly hair trigger temper behind veneer of cuteness. Green even stole both my lines that I've been using since I was 16. Read More »»




"Darling"(inflected either condescendingly or sardonically to the point you can touch the words, took years of practice to perfect) AND "Greetings and Salutations", which I sorta purr.

The book also gives away one of my best tricks.

If you can’t be anonymous, hide behind a cliché, and they’ll never see the real you...Until it’s too late.



While I enjoy Green's world imagery as well as his dark, sardonic wit in both Nightside and Secret Histories series, like many male authors he has a tendency to portray even strong female characters as the "weaker" sex, .....or to kill the "bitches" off. Which is unfortunate as he obviously understand at least some of our nature.

Is the male ego that incredibly weak?