Sunday, August 02, 2009

It's Blasphemy!

. Sunday, August 02, 2009


Cornwall-based photographer Andy Craddock is the subject of legal action by the priest in charge of St Michael Penkivel Church near Truro for blasphemy according to the BBC (Article here).

"publication of contemptuous, reviling, scurrilous or ludicrous matter relating to God, Jesus Christ, the Bible or the formularies of the Church of England".

"Our clients believe that a number of these photographs constitute blasphemous material,"
If the fundies had been keeping up, they would know that Britain finally got around to abolishing the blasphemy laws last year. More blasphemy, and helpful catgirl commentary of Andy Craddock's work, inside »»


I couldn't find titles on the website, so I'll have to make up my own :D

The sermon.

I wouldn't look so bored if the pulpit wasn't covering up the good bits.

Or bleh bleh bleh get on with it










Angels

<--- would be better if she was facing the camera, but he wanted the back crotch shot.


It's a good shot, but I don't care --->
for her outfit, it doesn't fit well with the theme.














Meow!

Purrfect :)


















Dirtnap


My second favorite of the set.










As to Jeremy Downing of the Diocese of Truro claim.
By anyone's reasonable standards of decency this is beyond the pale.


I'm an anybody, it doesn't bother me at all. Then again I'm not a deluded, homophobic prude.

If Andrew Craddock wanted to be truly blasphemous, ensuring himself some fortune and fame, he would of staged his Wakamezake shoot on the alter.

Communion


This shot on a 13th century alter inscribed with "We beheld her* glory full of grace and truth" = Priceless

*some photoshopping required

0 comments: